Carbon Monoxide Testing

Carbon Monoxide Testing for Homes in Greater Rochester

carbon monoxide testing (CO testing)

Testing for Carbon Monoxide in your furnace or boiler can prevent combustion.

Carbon Monoxide (CO)...What is it?

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas which results from “incomplete combustion” of fuels such as natural gas, oil, propane, wood, etc. Incomplete combustion happens when there is an improper air/fuel mixture.

We test for CO both in your house and in your combustion appliances such as your furnace, boiler, oven, hot water tank, or other appliance.

How does CO get in your house?

CO can enter your house from a number of different sources:

  • Outside sources such as high traffic, your own vehicle/garage, exterior discharge of your combustion appliances
  • Interior sources such as backdrafting from you furnace or hot water tank
  • Improperly vented, or improperly maintained gas-stoves and ovens
  • Gas, propane, or kerosene space heaters
  • "Ventless" gas-logs

Carbon Monoxide moves into your house through openings or 'holes' in your house. They can be open connections to your garage, the outside, or intentional 'openings' such as chimneys or flue pipes. When pressures are such that air is pulled into your house, there is the possibility that outside contaminants or those created in your furnace, oven, hot water tank may pull into your home and cause health & safety problems. Our basic energy assessment tests these pressures & the CO levels throughout your house.

What are the symptoms of CO in your house?

  • At low concentrations: Shortness of breath, mild nausea, and mild headaches.
  • At moderate concentrations: Impaired vision and coordination, as well as headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea, and flu-like symptoms.
  • At very high levels: Can be fatal, causing death within minutes.

Long-term Carbon Monoxide exposure

Exposure over a long period of time, even at low levels, can cause: Headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, joint pain, chronic fatigue, dizziness, numbness, tingling, and vertigo, as well as:

      • Cognitive/memory impairments
      • Affective disorders (emotional/personality effects)
      • Sensory and motor disorders

If you live in Rochester, Webster, Fairport, Pittsford, Canandaigua, Newark, Ontario, Spencerport, Penfield, Hilton, Honeoye Falls, Victor, or any areas nearby and you're concerned about your indoor air quality, contact the experts at True Energy Solutions today! We can help you with your every need.

our service area

We serve the following areas

Our Locations:

True Energy Solutions
107 Monroe St
East Rochester, NY 14445
1-585-481-8002
Top